|Huge Corner Lot
|Five Minute Walk to Campus
||Remodeled Updated Kitchen
|Shaded by Mature Live Oaks
||Three Living Areas
|Large Front Porch
||Fantastic Storage Space
|Extensive Refinished Wood Floors
||Over-sized Three Car Garage
Built in 1899 and originally located on the Texas A&M campus, this home offers history and character within a 5 minute walk of Kyle Field. Located on almost a half acre corner lot this home is shaded by large mature live oak trees. and it offers a unique floor plan with classic style and modern amenities.
The beautiful refinished wood floors, numerous original windows, patina of original doors and crystal door knobs maintain the historic character while the updated and remodeled kitchen, bathrooms and living space provide modern amenities and features. The flexible floor plan offers three bedrooms, two bathrooms, three living areas and a large dining area. The design of the space allows for the easy addition of two more bedrooms and two more baths.
The breath taking kitchen fits into the classic charm and character of the home and has modern amenities including stainless steel appliances and abundant storage. The light and bright large master suite offers a fully updated master bath with a large walk in frame less glass walk in shower with two shower heads and accented with subway tile, new flooring, extensive storage and double sinks. Natural light fills the home with the many original windows and raised cathedral ceiling in the home's second living area. Fantastic storage can be found throughout the home including extensive built-in custom cabinets and shelving and an incredible walk in master closet with direct access to home's laundry area. A staircase leads to the large flexible upstairs space that is plumbed for a bathroom, offers a wall of storage and large architectural window features.
The huge garage and porte cochere allow for covered parking for four cars with ample garage space for a large work shop. The large driveway offers extensive parking for extra vehicles. The huge corner lot (originally three separate lots) offers an inviting front porch, ample space for an outdoor kitchen, pool and even an additional garage - endless possibilities!
Brief History of the Home: Originally built in 1899 two houses away from The Drill Field on the west side of Clark St. (now Gene Stallings Blvd.), this house was burned considerably in 1924, rebuilt in 1925, then bought and moved off campus in 1942 to its current location at 500 Fairview by D.W. Williams. Williams was acting President of the Texas A&M College 1956-1957 and Vice Chancellor of Agriculture. The Williams were close friends of General Earl Rudder and his wife Margaret.